There has never been a more exciting time to join Blackburn College. Blackburn College has a strong staff community with the opportunity to teach students ranging from Entry Level 1 to Level 7 or work in a range of professional support services in disciplines including Marketing; Human Resources; Finance; Administration and more.
Our fantastic employee benefits include the following:
- Generous holiday entitlement starting at 28 days for full-time employees rising to 35 days (excluding Bank Holidays and statutory closure days)
- Comprehensive Continuing Professional Development offer allowing staff to access a range of courses and training opportunities delivered both at Blackburn College and externally
- Membership of a Lancashire County Council’s local government pension scheme or a teacher pension scheme for academic staff members
- Single town-centre campus with on-site discounted gym membership, restaurants and 3 Starbucks concessions
- On-site Car Parking available from as a little as £8.33 a month – deductible from your salary
- Childcare vouchers
- Flexible working scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site prayer rooms
- Management Development Programmes for aspiring managers
Higher Education Academy (HEA) Access Partner. This demonstrates that the College supports the continuous professional development of our Higher Education staff in their teaching with opportunities beyond our institution, such as involvement with the HEA’s communities of practice and online resources.