About Blackburn College
With a turnover of over £40million across Further Education, Higher Education and commercial training, Blackburn College take a lead role in transforming Pennine Lancashire into a vibrant and successful economy through education and training that enhances the skills, aspirations and potential of the local economy.
We aim to develop people through learning and achievement for the benefit of themselves, society and the economy.
Our focus is on meeting national and regional education, skills and employability needs for individuals and the needs of employers in line with Government priorities.
We deliver quality education, training, employability and work-based learning solutions to thousands of organisations and learners. These include Government funded and commercial skills training and education, bespoke professional courses, employability services and regional training contracts.
Just some of our accolades include:
- 9 out of 10 Higher Education students being in work or further study just 6 months after graduation – for 5 years in a row*
- 93% of FE students progressing into work or further study following course completion**
- The first College in the North West to receive the ‘Investing in Children’ award
- Redeveloped town-centre campus with sector-leading teaching spaces including the North West Regional Automotive Technology Hub, a dedicated University Centre; the Futures Centre (a £7million Science, Technology and Engineering development); unrivalled Creative Arts, Media and Music facilities including a TV studio and Blackburn Sports and Leisure Centre complete with swimming pool, performance laboratory and gym.
- We've been judged by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) as fully meeting UK standards across all areas of our Higher Education Review
- We’re an Associate College of Lancaster University – Lancaster University is one of the UK’s top 10 Universities in the UK.
*Destinations of Leavers of Higher Education
As an individual you will be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
You will contribute to the growth and development of the Electrical Installation programmes within the Technical Centre.
You will undertake the role of module tutor and personal tutor for students levels 4-6.
You will support students to develop holistically, linking theory to practice and practice to theory.
We are looking to enhance our team of Counselling lecturers who teach on our highly successful and popular degrees.