Residential Support Manager (Maternity Cover)
Salary £30,269 - £34,072 (depending upon qualifications)
Subsidised on-site family accommodation provided.
Sparsholt College aims to provide an outstanding, enjoyable, and successful learner experience, whilst fostering a culture that develops and supports staff to be outstanding in all they do.
Under the direction of the Head of Student Support, the post holder will be responsible for leading, managing and championing the College’s support provision for residential students at the Sparsholt Campus, which was recently graded outstanding by Ofsted in November 2015. This will also include some supervision of day students who are unable to leave the site during the day.
It is preferred, but not essential in this instance, that the post holder will live on the Sparsholt Campus to ensure that resident students have the appropriate level of supervision and support at all times. The post holder will lead on the production, implementation and delivery of the Residential Self-Assessment Review and will participate in the residential support team (wardening) rota as required.
The role will involve working with the Senior Leadership Team, college managers, staff, students, parents and/or carers, external bodies and networks. The post holder will lead and manage the staff employed in residential support.
We are looking for the successful applicant to commence late August/early September.
The successful applicant will possess outstanding communication skills and have a collaborative, professional and person-centred approach with a drive to improve the support and service provided.
Closing date: 22 May 2017
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Holiday entitlement of 28 days plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas
• Child Care Vouchers
• Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Dog Kennelling facility on Sparsholt campus (subject to availability)
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider