Cover Tutor in Functional Skills (HMP Lancaster)
Excellent benefits package including technology scheme, child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme, 24-7 confidential employee support service and 1000`s of retail discounts.
Help offenders get back on the right track by joining us as a Sessional Cover Tutor. About us:
- We are laying the foundations for change with new and innovative approaches.
- Leading the way as a not for profit social enterprise.
- In joining our team, you`ll become part of the unique LTE group, shaping the development of education delivery.
- Pride in raising the aspirations of learners to increase employability and reduce re-offending.
When you join Novus we are a not for profit social enterprise and market leader in offender education, training and employability services across the UK. Our mission is to improve lives and economic success through learning and skills.
We have a great opportunity at HMP Lancaster Farms to join the education team as a Sessional Cover Tutor - Functional Skills, IT and Art. The purpose of this role is to teach and engage with our learners, in order to give them the skills they need to have a better and brighter future. To do this successfully you`ll need to:
- Passionate and experienced at delivering high quality teaching in a subject specialism
- Hold a teaching qualification at Level 4 (Level 5 - new standards) with a commitment to gain the relevant outstanding Level 4 (Level 5 - new standards) within a specified time scale.
- Hold at least a Level 2 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy or be willing to commit to gaining the relevant qualification(s) within 1 year.
Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes. Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience. All salaries are subject to job evaluation.
Due to the nature of this role, recruitment will be ongoing. There is no official close date set for this position.
Interested? For more information and to apply for this role please click 'Apply'.