Tutor in Functional Skills (HMP Highpoint)
Have you ever considered working with offenders? Do you want to work in an environment where you can really make a difference?
Novus deliver learning and skills in over 60 sites within Her Majesty`s Prisons, private sector prisons, Approved Premises and the community. Working closely with stakeholders, they aim to provide locally determined, high quality provision which meets the needs and interests of learners.
Are you passionate about helping people grow? If so Novus has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, Functional Skills Tutor to join the Education team within HMPHighpoint. The work is challenging yet highly rewarding with real opportunity to change lives.
The purpose of this role is teach and to develop and deliver high quality, learner focused education to meet contractual requirements and standards, in line with Novus`s policies and procedure.
Key responsibilities (but not limited to) are as follows:
- Teach designated hours as required, with a flexible approach to delivering across curriculum areas as needed to fulfil contractual requirements.
- Develop or contribute to a Scheme of Work and develop lesson plans to ensure compliance with curriculum best practice and quality targets.
- Contribute to curriculum development.
- Ensure the safeguarding of learners.
- Integrate literacy, language, numeracy and ICT skills within the programme.
- Ensure that learner records are accurate and maintained in line with data
- Protection and Novus policies.
- Compliance with TMC & stakeholder policies and procedures.
- Lead and support in delivery and accreditation of learner focused educational provision.
- Timely and accurate reporting on funding and compliance activity.
- Participate in continual professional development activities to ensure skills and qualifications are in line with sector best practice.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation and prison security requirements.
As a successful candidate you will have:
- Must have a teaching qualification or subject specialist qualification at Level 4 (Level 5 - new standards) with a commitment to obtain the relevant outstanding Level 4 (Level 5 - new standards) qualification within a specified time scale.
- Track record of effective teaching in delivering in subject specialism.
- Hold at least a Level 2 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy or be
- Willing to commit to gaining the qualification(s) within 1 year
- In return for your dedication you will be rewarded with:
- Generous holidays (increases on service)
- Fantastic pension scheme
- Extensive training and development
- Simply health scheme
And many more...
Interested? For more information and to apply for this role please click 'Apply'.