Cover Tutor (HMP Elmley)
Location: HMP Elmley
Novus deliver learning and skills in over 60 sites within Her Majesty`s Prisons, private sector prisons, Approved Premises and the community. Working closely with stakeholders, they aim to provide locally determined, high quality provision which meets the needs and interests of learners.
Are you passionate about helping people grow? If so the Novus has an exciting opportunity for a number of Cover Tutors to join the education department within HMP Elmley.
The purpose of this role is as directed by a Curriculum Team Leader or Tutor, to deliver high quality, learner focused education to meet contractual requirements and standards, in line with Novus policies and procedure.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Within a Scheme of Work, develop lesson plans to ensure compliance with curriculum best practice and quality targets
- Contribute to curriculum development
- Ensure the safeguarding of learners
- Ensure that learner records are accurate and maintained in line with data protection and TMC policies.
- Compliance with TMC & stakeholder policies and procedures.
As a successful candidate you will have:
- A teaching qualification (minimum Cert Ed/PGCE) or equivalent OR a subject specialist qualification at degree level/level 5 or equivalent with a commitment to obtain the outstanding qualification within a specified timescale
- A track record of effective teaching in delivering in subject pecialism
- A Level 2 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy or be willing to commit to gaining the qualification(s) within 1 year
In return for your dedication you will be rewarded with:
- Generous holidays (increases on service)
- Fantastic pension scheme
- Extensive training and development
- Simply health scheme
- And many more...
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile.
Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
Interested? For more information and to apply for this role please click 'Apply'.