Lecturer in Animal Management (Maternity Cover up to 12 months) - 2 Posts
Are you passionate about Animal Care? Are you enthusiastic about inspiring and motivating students to fulfil their potential? If so, this is an exciting opportunity to join one of the largest FE colleges in the North West.
This is a fantastic opportunity to pass on your skills at Further Education level and inspire the next generation. Working in a vibrant and positive learning environment, you will be responsible for teaching students within our Animal Care Department.
We are seeking to appoint two adaptable and self motivated individuals to the role of Lecturer in Animal Management (Maternity Cover).
The role will involve delivering the theory based teaching on the highly successful animal care programmes, with a particular emphasis on your specialist subject. A motivated individual you will work as part of a team to maintain quality standards and contribute to the development of new learning resources.
There is a requirement for one of the post holders to deliver all the scientific elements of the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Animal Management with Science.
The successful candidate must:
- Hold a Level 6 qualification in Animal Conservation, Bioveterinary Science, Animal Behaviour/Welfare, or Animal Management
- Hold a relevant teaching qualification or be willing to achieve this within a set period from appointment
- Current knowledge and some industrial experience within one or more of the subject areas
- Experience of teaching, training or delivering to audiences
- Experience of working with 16 to 19 year olds
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and targets
- Be a good team player with a flexible approach to working hours, as some evening work will be required and the ability to undertake the associated administration tasks
The benefits package includes generous annual leave, membership of final salary or career average pension scheme, professional development and training, free on-site car parking, and other voluntary benefit schemes, including childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme.
St Helens College is committed to Equality and Diversity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, students and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UK Visas & Immigration to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Please note we do not accept CV’s from recruitment agencies. Any speculative CVs sent to the College will NOT be considered.