Skills Development Coach - Carpentry Apprenticeships
The Position: We’re looking for a Skills Development Coach - Carpentry and Joinery.
Are you a passionate carpenter or joiner with a desire to inspire the next generation of skilled craftspeople? We are seeking a committed and knowledgeable individual to join our team as a Carpentry and Joinery Skills Development coach. You will work closely with employers and training teams to ensure that our Carpentry and Joinery apprentices receive a high quality of education and are receiving coaching where they and their employers know their knowledge, skills and behaviour progress and are empowered with tools for successful next steps to continue improving and striving for excellence reaching the apprenticeship standards.
What skills are we looking for:
- Minimum of 3 years recent industry relevant experience or 3 years industry training and assessment
- Good standard of IT and administrative skills.
- Display initiative, be positive and enthusiastic.
- Demonstrate a commitment to equality and diversity, customer service and quality.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Be a team player.
- Ability to ensure a high level of professional behaviour.
- Possess a high level of professional attitude.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the process of continuous review and improvement.
- A current full driving license.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Be the main point of contact for learners, mentors, and employers throughout the programme of learning.
- Deliver quality training, coaching, support and IAG to meet employer and learner needs.
- Ensure relevant workplace supervisors and mentors are familiar with the assessment / monitoring / off the job process and escalate issues where relevant.
- Conduct highly effective learner progress reviews which accurately captures the progress of learners.
- Plan and co-ordinate learning experiences for learners in order to enable them to progress and pass their end point assessment within agreed timescales.
- Work closely with colleagues (both internal and external) and employers
- Monitor and support learner welfare through their programme.
- Maintain documentation and all relevant systems.
The Location: The apprenticeship training is run from our Harrowbrook Campus; but the role will be mainly remote based as visiting employers will be a consistent function of the role.
Why Should You Apply?
- The pay range we’re offering is £28,073 - £33,502.
- We offer great holidays and access to the Local Government Pension.
- We offer great staff development opportunities including the opportunity to take your CIM.
- Family friendly policies and procedures.
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are integral to everything that we do. We are committed to these values, and they are central to our mission. We’re committed to finding reasonable adjustments* for candidates with specific needs or have a disability during our recruitment process, and all applicants will be considered fairly and equally. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. *If you’d like to request a reasonable adjustment, please contact the recruiting manager.
We aim to support our employees in achieving a healthy work-life balance. We recognise that many of our employees have responsibilities and are committed to providing support for our employees. We are working hard to support flexible and new ways of working where possible and offer a wide range of benefits.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
'Please apply as soon as you can as we reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a suitable number of applications.'
This role is eligible for the Taking Teaching Further project. The project enables us to support highly skilled industry professionals to join the college with an excellent support package for their journey into teaching.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.