Electrical Installation Lecturer- Fixed Term until 05/07/24
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for an Electrical Installation Lecturer to become a key member of our Construction and Building Services department.
As an Electrical Installation Lecturer, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering and assessing subject specialisms on a range of courses, specifically focussing on Electrical Installation to Level 3
- Undertaking course administration as necessary.
- Leading and contributing to curriculum developments within the Programme Area/Centre.
- Carrying out course leadership duties where appropriate.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of working effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and working in a Carpentry or Joinery role within the Construction industry, alongside the following qualifications:
- It is preferred that one holds a Stage 3 teaching qualification (Cert. Ed/ PGCE or equivalent), but one can also be considered as a trainee this qualification isn't held and will need to work towards this whilst on job. Trainee terms- salary from £25,000 per annum and 35 days holiday
- Carpentry/Joinery NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Willingness to achieve Maths and English Level 2 or equivalent if not already held.
- Willingness to work towards Assessor/Verifier qualifications (A1/V1) if not already held.
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
Candidates who are barred from working with children are reminded it is a criminal offence to apply for this post.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type - Bedford College
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 45 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking during weekdays and weekends (subject to availability)
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.