Teachers - Corby Sixth Form (Teacher Recruitment Open Day 19/02/2024) (PE)
Are you passionate about shaping young minds and guiding students towards success? The Corby Sixth Form is on the lookout for dedicated teachers to join our team this September. We have exciting opportunities across a variety of subjects, including:
Whether you're seeking full-time or part-time positions, we welcome your application. Our Teacher Recruitment Open Day is scheduled for Monday February 19th, 2024, from 10am to 2pm. Come meet us and discover more about what makes The Corby Sixth Form unique:
Location: The Corby Sixth Form, Queens Square, Queen's Sq, Corby NN17 1QN
At The Corby Sixth Form, teachers play a vital role in our students' journey to success. By delivering engaging courses and contributing to curriculum development, you'll help students unlock their potential and achieve their goals.
Ideal candidates will have experience teaching A-Level students aged 16-18 in a sixth form environment, along with the following qualifications:
- Recognised Teacher Qualification (PGCE, CertEd, QTS)
- Degree in a relevant subject
For more details about our offerings and what sets us apart, refer to the attached Candidate Pack.
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational VISION values:
- Valuing Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Improving Continuously - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on practice and learning from others.
- Student Centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
- Open and Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage with and support each other.
- Nurturing Education Excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
About The Corby Sixth Form
The Corby Sixth Form offers a wide range of subjects and courses, including A-level subjects like maths, English Literature, sciences, humanities, and languages, as well as Diploma courses in areas like business, health & social care, and more.
We aim to be an ambitious and inclusive learning environment that will help build vital study and life skills for our students next steps. We offer students a sixth form experience that’s different to school and one that makes them stand out from the crowd.
We offer a varied range of subjects (our teachers are subject specialists, focused towards teaching 16-19 year olds, so you will benefit from their knowledge and experience). What’s more, our newly renovated, convenient town centre building, complete with the latest facilities, offers you an ideal place to study.
About The Bedford College Group
The Bedford College Group was formed in 2017 following the merger of Bedford College and Tresham College and is now the largest provider of education in the South East Midlands, with over 15,000 students passing through our doors each year.
Today, the Group is made up of a family of colleges across Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire: Bedford College, Central Bedfordshire College and Tresham College in the towns of Bedford, Dunstable, Leighton Buzzard, Corby, Kettering and Wellingborough; Shuttleworth College, a specialist land-based college; The Bedford Sixth Form, (the only dedicated sixth form in Bedford); The Corby Sixth Form, (opened in September 2023); and the National College for Motorsport alongside Silverstone race circuit. To widen accessibility to education and training, the Group also has community-based Learning Centres in Bedford, Corby and Kettering which offer IT training.
Safeguarding our Students
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
Candidates who are barred from working with children are reminded it is a criminal offence to apply for this post.
Terms and Conditions - Sixth Form
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE)
- Directed attendance – Teachers working at The Bedford Sixth Form usually have an attendance requirement of 39 weeks. Details of this will be communicated ahead of each academic year.
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking (subject to availability)
- Retail and leisure discounts
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.