Civil Engineering Lecturer/Teacher
Aston University Engineering Academy and Aston University Sixth Form is a specialist University Technical College established in 2012. We are a heavily oversubscribed school for 13-19 year olds, with 250 Year 9-Year 11 students and 500 sixth-form students, we have become a highly valued and recognised lead centre for Business, Health and Engineering in the Midlands in line with our sponsor Aston University.
As a national lead centre for T Level Construction, Civil Engineering and Surveying and Design, we are now seeking an experienced Civil Engineering Lecturer/Teacher for September 2024 to support our specialist delivery.
Our Engineering curriculum includes Design & Technology, Electronics, Machining and Engineering, along with T Level Construction. This has led to extensive investment including a dedicated £25 million Building, specialist rooms, equipment, technology and training. Thus allowing us to deliver university-level teaching in a secondary environment, supported by Aston University's College of Engineering.
This partnership with Aston includes the close location and opportunity to collaborate not only benefits students but also staff, including access to Aston's engineering training and post-graduate studies.
This role would also suit an Engineering professional who is interested in gaining teaching qualifications whilst continuing to work in industry.
AUEA is a highly diverse institution with learners and staff from all communities and backgrounds from across the West Midlands. We strongly welcome applicants from within our local communities with a passion for increasing our young people's social mobility and future opportunities.
There couldn't be a more exciting time to join our team.
We are seeking a professional who is:
- An enthusiastic and committed lecturer/teacher or Industry practitioner
- A practitioner who has the highest expectations of student learning.
- An excellent drive for self-improvement and development.
- Innovative and creative with excellent interpersonal skills
- Passionate about Civil Engineering.
- Experience in teaching Civil Engineering to students/apprentices (Desirable)
As a valued member of AUEA we will offer:
- A family-feel environment centred around the health and well being of staff and students.
- An outstanding positive working environment with excellent student conduct, and behaviour driven by our focus on high industry standards and culture of respect.
- A designated staff benefits, training and health care package including a family day off per year.
- Opportunity to gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) vis our bespoke teacher training programmes.
- Personalised CPD and career development programme including National Leadership programmes and Aston School of Engineering
- Opportunity for experience and development as part of our Armed Forces and Combined Cadet Force partnerships.
Please complete the attached application form and send with covering letter to Amanda Naan, email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 4th March 2024 12 Noon
Interviews: w/c 11th March 2024
AUEA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.