This is an exciting time for UHI Inverness due to expansion within the Hospitality services across the college at Inverness Campus and our Scottish School of Forestry at Balloch. We are seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated person to join our team as a Chef.
The successful candidate will have good communication and team-working skills, initiative, attention to detail and a positive, self-motivated yet flexible attitude to work.
To provide catering and hospitality to a high standard, performing a variety of tasks associated with a busy kitchen and café operation under the direction of the Head Chef.
- To assist in the preparation and production of a wide range of hot and cold foods in our campus kitchens.
- To work in an organised manner in support of the efficient operation of the kitchens.
- To provide a friendly, efficient, and hygienic service to all our customers.
- To operate electronic point of sale tills and provide service directly to customers at our Scottish School of Forestry café.as and when required.
- To provide hospitality catering for events hosted at our campus.
- To comply with relevant food safety, environmental health, health and safety legislation and UHI Inverness policies and procedures.
Applicants should have an SCQF Level 6 qualification in Professional Cookery, or equivalent experience.
Experience working in a busy production kitchen is desirable.
Application Closing Date: 1st March 2024
Interviews: 13th March 2024
If you have not heard from us by Friday 8th March, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. Feedback can only be provided after interview. Please note, the successful post holder will need to pass a satisfactory PVG Scheme check through Disclosure Scotland prior to commencing employment.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.