Lecturer - Carpentry and Joinery
The Position: We are looking for a Tutor/Lecturer – Carpentry and Joinery
Are you a passionate carpenter or joiner with a desire to inspire the next generation of skilled craftspeople? We are seeking an enthusiastic and knowledgeable individual to join our team as a Carpentry and Joinery tutor/lecturer. You will work closely with the apprenticeship delivery team in providing excellent training to carpentry and joinery apprentices in line with apprenticeship standards.
You will need to provide high-quality education in carpentry and joinery. We believe in fostering a learning environment that combines hands-on experience with theoretical knowledge, preparing students for successful careers in the field are essential to our success.
You will ideally be assessor and teacher qualified but we accept applications form individuals who are looking to get in to teaching and full training will be applied.
What skills are we looking for:
- Minimum of 3 years recent industry relevant experience or 3 years industry training and assessment
- Good standard of IT and administrative skills.
- Display initiative, be positive and enthusiastic.
- Demonstrate a commitment to equality and diversity, customer service and quality.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Be a team player.
- Ability to ensure a high level of professional behaviour.
- Possess a high level of professional attitude.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the process of continuous review and improvement.
- A current full driving license.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Be the main point of contact for learners, mentors, and employers throughout the programme of learning.
- Deliver quality training, coaching, support and IAG to meet employer and learner needs.
- Conduct highly effective block release learning reviews which accurately capture the progress of learners against the skills, knowledge, and behaviours relevant to the standard.
- To embed and contextualise IAG, safeguarding and British values and English and maths and digital literacy within delivery models effectively.
- Contribute to highly effective learner progress reviews which accurately captures the progress of learners.
- Plan and co-ordinate learning experiences for learners to enable them to progress and pass their end point assessment within agreed timescales.
- Work closely with colleagues (both internal and external) and employers
- Monitor and support learner welfare through their programme.
- Maintain documentation and all relevant systems.
The Location: The site of Carpentry and Joinery apprenticeship training is based at our Harrowbrook Campus.
Why Should You Apply?
- The pay range we’re offering is SALARY RANGE £25,704 - £38,826
- We offer great holidays and access to the Local Government Pension
- We offer great staff development opportunities including the opportunity to take your CIM
- Family friendly policies and procedures
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are integral to everything that we do. We are committed to these values, and they are central to our mission. We are committed to finding reasonable adjustments* for candidates with specific needs or who have a disability during our recruitment process, and all applicants will be considered fairly and equally. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. *If you would like to request a reasonable adjustment, please contact the recruiting manager.
We aim to support our employees in achieving a healthy work-life balance. We recognise that many of our employees have responsibilities and are committed to providing support for our employees. We are working hard to support flexible and new ways of working where possible and offer a wide range of benefits.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
'Please apply as soon as you can as we reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a suitable number of applications.'
Include if this role is eligible for taking teaching further funding NO
This role is eligible for the Taking Teaching Further project. The project enables us to support highly skilled industry professionals to join the college with an excellent support package for their journey into teaching.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.