Lecturer in Biology
About This Position
We are welcoming applications for a Lecturer in Biology on a Part time, Permanent basis.
Joining us as a Lecturer in Biology, you must deliver excellent and inclusive teaching and learning in the classroom so that learners are inspired to succeed and progress. You will integrate appropriate and inspirational curriculum resources including ILT into lessons and plan delivery so that schemes of work and lesson plans support achievement.
Undertaking ongoing high quality formative and summative assessment of learners’ work, both in class and through regular out of class activity to monitor progress, you must aim to ensure that learners succeed through progress reviews and initiate and respond to new curriculum developments and plan resources as appropriate.
Qualification and Experience
- A degree or equivalent in a Biology or a related subject- Essential
- Experience of successful teaching on Biology related courses (or teaching practice for NT’s)
- Must hold a full teaching qualification OR professional recognition in learning and skills (or be currently working towards this)
- Must have the ability to deliver exceptional teaching and lesson plans to inspire, motivate and engage learners.
- Demonstrate a background of inclusive and challenging teaching strategies and of supporting students to attend by meeting their individual needs.
And the benefits of working for us?
- 45 days annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas closure
- Teachers or Local Authority Pension Fund
- Flexible working
- Family Friendly Policy
- Special Leave of Absence
- Paid leave for religious festivals
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health Service
- Onsite gym
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Onsite nursery
- Free onsite parking
We are a friendly, forward-looking college where staff are valued and supported to achieve their potential. You will have access to a free on-site gym and all weather football pitches. We offer generous annual leave entitlement, excellent pension contributions and a cycle to work scheme.
Bury College is committed to ensuring equality of opportunity, celebrating diversity, safeguarding its learners and expects all staff to share these commitments.
Please note that new guidance in Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022 requires us to carry out an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted candidates. This to enable us to identify any incidents or issues which have happened and are publicly available online which we might want to explore at interview. Once shortlisting has taken place, this search will be carried out for all candidates who will attend an interview.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.