Multiskilled Lecturer - Painting & Decorating and Brickwork (Fixed Term Contract)
About This Position
Bury College is welcoming applications for a Multiskilled Painting & Decorating and Brickwork Lecturer to join us on a Permanent basis. This role is integral to delivering excellent and inclusive teaching, learning and assessment in the classroom in a way that inspires our Students to succeed and progress.
As an experienced Lecturer you would expect to be responsible for (but not limited to) the following duties
- Planning delivery: schemes of work, lesson plans and individual learning plans to support learner progress and timely achievement.
- Undertaking ongoing high-quality formative and summative assessment of learners work both in class and through regular out of class activity to monitor progress.
- To initiate and respond to new curriculum developments and plan resources as appropriate.
- Attend regular meetings for reporting and staff development purposes.
- Attending all meetings and appropriate staff and curriculum development activities as required.
- To undertake moderation activities, including standardisation and internal verification where required and to the expected standard. Along with scheduling and liaising with external moderators.
- To maintain safe working practices to meet the requirements of the College’s Health and Safety and Safeguarding policies and procedures.
- To record and report on assessment progress and learner performance through College systems.
- To integrate appropriate and inspirational curriculum resources, including ILT into lessons.
Qualification and Experience
- Level 3 Trade qualification - essential in trade areas
- A good standard of education including Maths and English Grade A* - C (or equivalent) or Level 2 Literacy and Numeracy - essential
- A full teaching qualification OR professional recognition in learning and skill.
- If teaching NVQ qualifications, A1 award - or a willingness to work towards.
- If leading the internal verification process, TAQA - or a willingness to work towards
- Knowledge of appropriate curriculum resources
- Ability to communicate effectively with employers and parents
- Awareness and knowledge of Safeguarding, curriculum diversity in FE and area of specialism.
- Knowledge of current industrial practice in areas of teaching and/or employment routes.
- Excellent IT ability
- Able to balance and promote workloads to meet deadlines
And the benefits of working for us?
- 45 days annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas closure
- Teachers or Local Authority Pension Fund
- Flexible working
- Family Friendly Policy
- Special Leave of Absence
- Paid leave for religious festivals
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health Service
- Onsite gym
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Onsite nursery (places not guaranteed)
Bury College is committed to ensuring equality of opportunity, celebrating diversity, safeguarding its learners and expects all staff to share these commitments.
Please note that new guidance in Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022 requires us to carry out an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted candidates. This to enable us to identify any incidents or issues which have happened and are publicly available online which we might want to explore at interview. Once shortlisting has taken place, this search will be carried out for all candidates who will attend an interview.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.