Study Support Coach (LUM455/1013)
About the Role
We are looking for a Study Support Coach to join our existing team in Travel, Food and Drink.
Travel, Food and Drink offers a variety of courses ranging from Entry 3, for students who have little experience or qualifications, through to Level 3 Extended Diplomas.
Our team compromises industry experts who are keen to inspire and enrich student opportunities through diverse and inspirational teaching opportunities.
We have recognised the need to extend our current team due to increased enrollment numbers in this academic year. The key responsibilities of this role will be to support the curriculum team by improving attendance and offering small group work sessions.
What You Will Do
- To be responsible for a caseload of students who require coaching and online support as part of their planned learning programme in English and Maths and curriculum.
- To track and monitor progress towards achievement using assessment grades in ProMonitor markbooks, ensuring learner progress is tracked against their target grades.
- To be responsible for achieving student outcomes-achieving the qualification and target grade.
- To assist with initial, diagnostic and formative assessment.
- To provide support for students with their English and Maths learning, using on-line support technology and education platforms.
- To identify where students require an intervention and convene small groups of students to work on a specific topic related to their English and Maths course.
- To support with the departments attendance process which is essentiall to improving outcomes
- English and Maths qualification at L2 with a commitment to achieving L3 within 2 years of appointment if not already achieved.
- Have significant experience or knowledge of how to work successfully with different groups of students enrolled to vocational courses where English and maths is an integral part of the study programme.
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines, using own initiative.
- Ability to innovate and enthuse learners to succeed in English and Maths
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders, including students, college staff, parents and employers.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.