Engineering Senior Curriculum Technician
“Oaklands College is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Technician to join our dynamic Engineering team."
In this pivotal role, you will lead our curriculum technicians, ensuring the smooth operation of workshop and Engineering resource centre and promoting a culture of safety and innovation.
As a Senior Technician at Oaklands College, your key responsibilities will include supervising curriculum technicians, maintaining supplies, enforcing safety protocols, and ensuring efficient budget management, procurement of essential resources, and the maintenance of a cutting-edge learning environment across Mechanical and Electrical workshops.
Additionally, you'll play a key role in recognising and reporting hazards and dangers through conducting risk assessments and COSHH assessments.
The ideal candidate will have a background in Engineering technical support, strong leadership skills, and a commitment to safety and excellence.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Automatic entry into the Local Government pension scheme
- Generous Annual Leave – 30 days pro rata plus 8 days bank holiday pro rata
- Excellent CPD Opportunities to grow and develop through mentorship and coaching.
- Free Onsite Parking
- Subsided onsite restaurant.
- A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership
- Opportunities for flexible working
- Staff Awards
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounts on OASIS Beauty Treatments at WGC
- Discount on all UNO bus routes through Hertfordshire
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Access to shopping discounts via UNIDAYS
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory safeguarding checks.
Please note, we are unable to accept CVs as form of an application, when applying for a position please ensure you complete all the required fields on the application form attached and email to email@example.com