Creatives Industries Technician
We have a fantastic opportunity for a technician to join our friendly and highly successful Media, Art and Design Team. We are seeking an enthusiastic, skilled technician, with up-to-date industry knowledge, who is confident in supporting the delivery of the Creative Industries department.
As a Technician you will need to have a strong ability to develop productive relationships with colleagues and learners and demonstrate personal decision-making and judgemental skills. There will be a requirement to work within a team supporting courses and working with external partners.
Day to day this will include preparing materials and equipment for practical work, managing an efficient resource system and assisting with the organisation of exhibitions and presentations of students work in Art & Design.
As a Technician in the Creative Industries, you should:
- Have GCSE A*- C / 9 - 4 in Maths and English as a minimum
- Have previous experience of working as a technician within a Media, Arts and Design department
- Be able to use of IT in Creative Industries e.g. Apple and windows based OS
See what we have to offer and come and join us…
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave (pro rata) + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction and teacher development programme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets, and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 18th February 2024
Interview date: 29th February 2024
Direct applicants only, no agency CVs
For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification.
The Heart of Yorkshire Education Group is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
If you are currently living overseas or have lived / worked overseas in the last five years please be aware that you will be required to provide an overseas criminal record check from the country/countries you have worked/resided in if you are the preferred candidate for the post. Further details of how to obtain the additional check is here: Criminal records checks for overseas applicants - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.