Examinations Administrative Officer (Wakefield)
Based at the Wakefield Campus but required to work across all College sites.
We have an exciting opportunity to join a friendly, supportive, and positive team. The role is challenging and varied with lots of opportunity to develop new skills and knowledge.
As an Examinations Administrative Officer, you should be confident, well organised, and proactive with good IT skills and a commitment to providing excellent customer service. You will have a pivotal role in taking responsibility for the administrative procedures relating to examinations and achievement for several qualifications and awarding bodies.
This is a very diverse role where you will be building relationships with students, staff, and many other stakeholders, with students at the heart of our team.
You will be required to:
- Process examinations, awarding body registrations and qualification claims for student achievements.
- Answer and resolve queries from staff and students regarding awarding body activities, exam sessions, and results.
- Ensure that students receive any necessary information, as required by awarding bodies.
- Use the College’s Management Information System (ProSolution) to accurately input data, ensuring accuracy.
- Work with all Exams personnel and other members of staff to provide an efficient, pro-active service and excellence in delivery.
- Ensure that registrations, entries and withdrawals are completed accurately and within awarding body deadlines to avoid incurring financial penalties.
- Schedule and assist in the organisation of examinations to meet exam regulations.
We are looking for the following skills/attributes:
- GCSE’s A*- C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths as a minimum
- Hold a Level 3 qualification
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow and explain procedures
- Experience of working in a busy office environment, using Microsoft Office programmes.
Previous experience of working in a College, understanding of examination body procedures and knowledge of College Management Information Systems would be advantageous.
Join us and we promise the support of a great team, as well as the satisfaction of contributing to learner achievements. These are just a few of our benefits:
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 additional College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Access to the West Yorkshire Pension Scheme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 19th February 2024
Interview date: TBC
For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification.
Previous Applicants need not apply.
Direct applicants only, no agency CVs / referrals.
The Heart of Yorkshire Education Group is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
If you are currently living overseas or have lived / worked overseas in the last five years please be aware that you will be required to provide an overseas criminal record check from the country/countries you have worked/resided in if you are the preferred candidate for the post. Further details of how to obtain the additional check is here: Criminal records checks for overseas applicants - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.