School Administration Assistant (LUM329/1016)
About the Role
Leeds Sixth Form is looking for an enthusiastic School Administration Assistant to provide student-facing support within a busy educational campus. You must be able to deliver outstanding customer service and have experience of working in a fast-paced administrative environment.
Experience of an educational setting is desirable. A proven track record of excellent IT skills is essential, as the role will involve the use of many databases and spreadsheets. Experience of Google and Microsoft packages is desirable.
You will be supported by a committed team who have student success at the heart of their roles.
What You Will Do
- Provide curriculum administration and student records data to an identified school / academic directorate.
- Maintain student records data for the School including registers, ULNs, destinations/job outcomes, change requests and other reporting requests.
- Support student enrolments within the School and work with the central MIS/Marketing teams throughout main enrolment.
- Support students in all aspects of College life and assisting the smooth running of the admin department.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google applications, Pro Solution or other student records system.
- Experience of administrative and/or student records work in an education setting ensuring GDPR standards and confidentiality.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work flexibly across a number of tasks combined with good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Committed to the promotion of a safe environment for children, young people and vulnerable adults to learn in and support of equality, diversity and inclusion.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
By joining Leeds Sixth Form College you join a community dedicated to improving the lives of young people through education. Whether you’re inspiring the next generation with your enthusiastic teaching or supporting the work of those who do, you know you will be making a positive impact every day.
Choosing to work for Leeds Sixth Form College means that you will be part of a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. We hope that we will be part of the next step in your career and look forward to welcoming you to Leeds Sixth Form College.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.