Learning Support Workers- Wigston
Do you want to inspire and support the next generation?
Are you looking for a new challenge with excellent benefits?
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the region. The College understands the importance of recruiting talented and passionate staff that are central to all College achievements and are the driving force in the success of our learners.
The Position: We’re looking for a Learning Support Worker
4 x 37 hours per week over 35 * Important please see below
Requirements for the role:
- GCSE or level 2 equivalent in Math’s and English.
- A good understanding of high quality learning support for learners with SEND in further education setting.
- Experience of providing support in the classroom that enables students to achieve identified goals.
Responsibilities for the role:
- To provide high quality support both in and out of the classroom.
- To work with teaching staff to enhance and promote a well-managed environment, making adaptations to meet specific student’s needs where necessary
- Maintain accurate records relating to learning support and work in accordance with the college quality requirements, in relation to assessment and monitoring of student progress.
The Location: The College is based in Wigston, Leicester. This is a great place to live with plenty of social and sport facilities together with great transport links.
Why Should You Apply?
- The pay is RLW per hour. 37 hours per week, 35 weeks per year.
- We offer great holidays and access to the Local Government Pension/Teachers Pension Scheme
- We also offer staff development opportunities
- Family friendly policies and procedures
Salary advertised is for a full time equivalent post – the salary will be adjusted to reflect the number of hours per week and the number of weeks per year worked.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.