Skills Trainer (Permanent, Full time)
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Annual Travel Passes Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Helpline
Stoney Street, Nottingham, NG1 1NG
A place to thrive
Being part of Nottingham College means playing a vital part in helping thousands of people reach their potential. Together, we’re making a positive difference to our learners, to our communities and to each other. We’re building better futures, for others and for ourselves. Here, you’ll have the freedom to work in a way that suits you, the support to thrive and the opportunity to shape your career.
Who we need:
We are looking for a Functional Skills Maths and English Tutor who will work collaboratively with apprenticeship students, both in college (face-to-face and remotely) and externally, in the workplace. Responsibilities of the role include:
· Effectively and efficiently manage a caseload to ensure students receive the appropriate Maths and English tuition, support and guidance in preparation for exams.
· Be able to demonstrate evidence of managing groups of students, good ICT, and administration skills.
· Writing schemes of work and preparing lesson plans.
· The ability to confidently challenge behaviours and monitor attendance.
· Qualified to Level 5 in Education, though we are able to provide educational training up to level 5 if not currently held.
What you’ll bring:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Functional Skills Maths and English tutor who will inspire learners to achieve and reach their full potential during their time at Nottingham College. The critical and essential skills required for the role are:
· You will have a proven and established track-record in delivering Functional Skills Maths and English, incorporating Entry 1 to Level 2
· You will be able to work independently both in college and in the workplace, whilst maintaining and developing a collaborative professional relationship with students and colleagues.
· You will have a flexible and adaptable approach to teaching apprentices whilst understanding the support and guidance they require.
· You will be passionate about students achieving their potential and be proactive in putting the mechanisms of support in place to make sure we prepare students not only for college life but also for life and work beyond college.
· You will have excellent communication skills across varying levels of learners and colleagues.
For further details on this post which the job description and person specification cannot answer for you, please contact Paul Huskisson – Head of Faculty for Maths and English at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews / Assessments are planned for: week-commencing 8th of January 2024.
A place to belong.
Join a diverse, vibrant community of over 1,300 staff and feel welcome from day one. Whether it’s enjoying a cuppa and a chat at our Wellness Cafes, collaborating with your colleagues or making the most of the facilities on our campuses, this is a place you can feel involved, connected and supported. With an attractive benefits package including 35 days annual leave, flexible working opportunities, access to a generous pension scheme and perks package, this is a place where you will feel valued and where you can grow and develop. It’s a place where you can share your ideas, work with people from all kinds of backgrounds and together, make a positive difference.
Be a part of a dynamic and diverse team that thrives on innovation, creativity, and outstanding outcomes. Our aim is for our workforce to mirror the rich diversity of the individuals and communities we serve, creating an environment where a range of experiences, skills, and viewpoints are valued. Within our inclusive workplace, everyone is given the opportunity to belong. As part of this we are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that successful candidates may need.
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.