Facilities Assistant / Security (LUM522/921)
About the Role
Do you have experience working in a Facilities or Security role? Do you have excellent communication skills to work as part of a team?
Can you effectively engage with our learners to ensure they understand the standards of behaviour expected?
We are seeking a Facilities + Security Assistant to provide a safe and welcoming service for our students, staff and visitors on campus. You will act restoratively and ensure our students (as well as staff) are wearing their ID cards in line with our Safeguarding Policy.
Based at Quarry Hill Campus, this role is part of a growing team responsible for ensuring that teaching and learning activities are able to run effectively by supporting the campus building requirements.
This role is 37 hours per week, working over 5 days. The campus mainly operates Monday to Friday in term time. Your role will mainly cover term times when Students are on site. Weekend work will be required when we have any external or internal college events, therefore flexibility is required.
What You Will Do
- Work alongside the Facilities Assistant team as well as the Facilities Supervisor to ensure the smooth running of day-to-day Campus operations.
- Provide effective guarding and patrolling of internal and external areas to ensure a safe and secure environment.
- Unlocking and Locking up of the premises including setting of the Intruder Alarm.
- Carry out compliance checks; including plant room/ fire testing and various other duties. All on-site training will be provided.
- Assist the site team and provide support with the Emergency Evacuation Procedures such as fire alarm activations and any other emergency.
- Support the Facilities Supervisor with on-site contractors and visitors, ensuring an understanding of the College guidelines and procedures.
- Assist the team with any other duties such as occasional events and exam set-ups.
- The most important and essential attributes for this role are a commitment to self-development and to deliver outstanding customer service to our students and staff.
- Are you able to stay focused on the tasks in hand and be able to deal with challenging situations in a calm and measured manner?
- English and Maths GCSE or equivalent is essential, along with a willingness to take part in a First Aid at Work course with the college and undertake all mandatory online training.
- Having an SIA door supervision licence would be desirable but not essential as training will be provided. Having worked in an educational setting in a previous role would also be an advantage.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Luminate Education Group is a collective of education providers based in Yorkshire with one clear purpose: to make a positive difference to people’s lives through genuinely transformative education and training.
We offer a wide range of job vacancies across our business support functions - Finance, Human Resources, ITSS, Marketing, Communications, Executive Support, Estates and Food Services. Our large size and diverse range of member organisations means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
As an education provider, we are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our workforce, and you’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.