Animal Care Technician (Maternity Cover)
Fixed Term until October 2024 or when the post holder returns.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a technician to join our Animal Care team who all share a real passion for animal welfare.
Our Animal Care curriculum area offers a range of courses from Level 1 to Level 5 and has an animal collection consisting of small mammals, reptiles, and other species. We challenge all our students to realise their full potential and aim to provide high levels of support to ensure their success.
In this exciting role you will work as part of a team of technicians ensuring the health and welfare of a range of animals. You will assist with the feeding, cleaning and care of animals in the unit, ensuring the room is clean and well maintained and supporting the dog grooming tutor to ensure all practical classes can be run.
As a Technician in Animal Care, you should:
- Educated to Level 3 in Animal Management or other related qualification
- Have GCSE A*- C / 9 - 4 in Maths and English qualifications or equivalent
- Have experience of working with and caring for animals in captive environments
See what we have to offer and come and join us…
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave (pro rata) + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Generous Contributory Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets, and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 7 January 2024
Interview date: 12 January 2024
For further details, please refer to the job description.
PLEASE NOTE NO AGENCIES, DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY.
The Heart of Yorkshire Education Group is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.
If you are currently living overseas or have lived / worked overseas in the last five years please be aware that you will be required to provide an overseas criminal record check from the country/countries you have worked/resided in if you are the preferred candidate for the post. Further details of how to obtain the additional check is here: Criminal records checks for overseas applicants - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)