Reporting Analyst Developer (LUM105/912)
About the Role
Please note this role is based with our member organisation Leeds Conservatoire
The Management Information Systems (MIS) Team is at the centre of the Conservatoire’s Professional Services Support functions. This is an exciting time to join our small and close-knit MIS team as we implement a new student records system (SITS) that will support the HE function across the Luminate Education Group. The SITS project is being implemented in three phases and will be running until November 2024. This will focus on student admissions data, Student Enrolments including Finance and Assessments/Awards.
Please apply for the role as soon as possible as we are interviewing candidates as and when we receive applications/CV's therefore the role may close before the advertised closing date.
What You Will Do
- You will lead on ensuring accurate, relevant, timely and accessible data reports are produced
- Ensuring the dashboards for the conservatoire and the HE provision within the group are user friendly and fit for purpose
- Responsible for the development of reports & dashboards using reporting tools such as SSRS and PowerBI
- Support with the implementation of the new student record system and link it to existing MI systems, whilst ensuring compliance with group policies and procedures
- Work with other stakeholders within the Conservatoire to automate manual processes to aid accuracy and reliability of MIS Data
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent experience
- Experience of working in an MIS environment
- Have significant experience of producing, interpreting and working with complex data sets.
- Effective communication, interpersonal skills, resilience and flexibility to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Substantial experience of using Microsoft SQL, MS Reporting Services and PowerBI
- Experience of working in a Higher Education environment would be advantageous as would previous experience of web development
- The ability to work using your own initiative is essential as is the ability to interpret policies and procedures to inform, advise and act within guidelines.
Pension - Access to two different pension schemes: West Yorkshire Pension Fund or The People’s Pension
Annual Leave - A generous annual leave entitlement 35 days plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time and reduced year staff)
Lifestyle - Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym Membership, Staff Extras – discounts on a range of well-known brands, Discounted membership to Tastecard, Roland Discount, NUS Card, Costco Membership, Discounted Tickets to ‘The Venue’
Travel Benefits - Discounted travel by train and bus in the local area, Access to a ‘Bike to Work’ scheme.
Leeds Conservatoire is a specialist conservatoire in the UK, delivering expert music and performing arts education to a community of over 1200 students. Our broad offering spans undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses, along with Leeds Junior Conservatoire for young musicians and performers.
We are looking for inspiring and innovative individuals to help us deliver our vision.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.