MIS Systems Manager (LUM563/896)
About the Role
Are you an expert in information systems and passionate about driving innovation? We are seeking a motivated systems manager to drive the management and optimisation of our MIS systems.
The MIS Systems Development & Reporting team are responsible for the MIS databases, reporting, internal web tools and associated services. The team leads on development and reporting projects, including end-to-end student records to ensure that data is regulated, protected and presented in a professional manner. The team is dedicated to improving, developing, implementing and maintaining systems and data with the ultimate goal of ensuring students have a positive experience when they choose to study with us.
What You Will Do
- Accountable for all MIS Systems, providing systems management, administration and user support
- Liaise with key stakeholder to maximise opportunities to continually improve system functionality and efficiency
- Oversea the day to day maintenance of MIS systems to ensure they are readily available and reliable
- Lead on the development, management and accuracy of data using effective BI reporting tools that facilitate decision making.
- Lead on the mapping and integration of data between systems
- Provide technical expertise, trouble-shooting support, and guidance to resolve system related issues
- You’ll have experience in managing complex system projects from inception to completion, including system development, risk management and testing.
- Significant knowledge of the particular requirements of systems that operate within an educational capacity. Experience of ProSolution would be highly desirable.
- Indepth knowledge and experience of microsoft SQL, reporting and associated services.
- Attention to detail, with the initiative and predilection to track down issues and find solutions.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Luminate Education Group is a collective of education providers based in Yorkshire with one clear purpose: to make a positive difference to people’s lives through genuinely transformative education and training.
We offer a wide range of job vacancies across our business support functions - Finance, Human Resources, ITSS, Marketing, Communications, Executive Support, Estates and Food Services. Our large size and diverse range of member organisations means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
As an education provider, we are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our workforce, and you’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.