Teacher - Travel, Tourism and Aviation (Maternity Cover) (LUM455/472)
About the Role
Please note that due to college closure over the Christmas break candidates will not be contacted until w/c 8th January.
The School of Travel, Food and Drink based at the historic Printworks campus is looking for an enthusiastic teacher\chef to join our Travel, Tourism and Aviation team. The post is full time, 37 hours per week
Travel, Food and Drink offers a number of courses for all ages and abilities, ranging from Entry 3 to Level 3 extended programmes, including part time adult courses and apprenticeships
We are looking for an organised and experienced teacher to plan and deliver inspirational and engaging lessons to our students. They should have industry experience and be able to demonstrate skills of promoting active and inspirational teaching, learning and assessment in order to meet all learner needs, whilst /monitoring attendance to ensure successful outcomes.
What You Will Do
- Plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, session plans, teaching and learning resources, learning and assessment plans.
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- Create individual SMART learning targets linked to learner study programme/course.
- Be responsible for recording student progress.
- Maintain and update knowledge of the subject and / or vocational area and of educational research to develop evidence-based practice.
- Motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
- Reflect on what works best in teaching and learning to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Adapt curriculum delivery methods to maximise their effectiveness, including through the use of technology.
- You will be highly motivate to engage and inspire learners to promote achievement and develop their skills to enable progression.
- You will ensure an excellent learning experience which allows learners to progress to a high level, higher education or employment or employment and in which their attainment is maximized.
- Enabling learners to share responsibility for their own learning and assessment, setting goals that stretch and challenge will be a key aspect of your role and you will contribute to the learner tutorial process ensuring regular review of learner progress and report evenings take place.
- You will work alongside the team to ensure that the learner retention, achievement and progression rates within all the School’s provision exceed national average year-on-year while planning, developing and delivering a curriculum which meets the needs of the industry/sector.
- Promote excellence and continuously improve practice.
- In addition you will be keen to:
- Actively promoting continuous improvement, ensuring compliance with the College’s Quality Assurance Policy and Procedures, including participation in curriculum and College’s self-assessment reports, Assessment Review Boards, inspection preparation, quality audits and observation of teaching.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.