Assessor/Facilitator (Childcare and Teaching Assistant Department) (LUM377/871)
About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an Adult & Community department who were graded Outstanding by Ofsted in May 2022. The Childcare and Teaching Assistant team deliver part time adult 19+ programmes across Leeds City College community centres. We deliver a range of qualifications from entry level to level 3 in early years, childcare, teaching assistants, health and social care and special educational needs.
The assessor needs to have experience assessing the workplace competence of teaching assistants and childcare practitioners studying Entry to Level 2 and 3 vocational qualifications. Have relevant experience of working as a teaching assistant or childcare practitioner.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
What You Will Do
- To undertake Assessment, Training and Internal Verification for candidates undertaking work based qualifications including apprenticeships and vocational qualifications.
Effective and efficient management of appointments, schedule and learner caseload.
- The Assessor should ideally hold the Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement or equivalent.
Hold a Level 3 qualification in a vocational related area e.g.
The Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning.
Level 4 Qualification in Internal Quality Assurance Processes and Practices.
It is helpful to have current and up to date knowledge and experience of current assessment principles and practices.
Experienced in the internal quality assurance of vocationally related programmes.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.