Tutor/Assessor in Electrical
Gower College Swansea is one of the largest colleges in Wales with a strong reputation for high quality teaching and learning. We have six campuses across the city with over 4,500 full time learners and 10,000 part time learners. We currently have a turnover of over £50 million making us a major employer in the region with approximately 1,000 staff.
At Gower College Swansea we are passionate about investing in our staff and looking after their wellbeing to ensure they feel supported in work and also at home.
An exiciting opportunity has arisen in our Built Environment team to appoint a new Tutor/Assessor in Electrical.
- Full Time (37 hours per week)
- £27,001 - £29,716 per annum
- Tycoch/Jubilee Court campus
- Assess and internally verify portfolios to ensure they meet the requirements of the various external verifiers and awarding bodies
- Work with customers in industry to maintain and build relationships
- Provide a high quality teaching and learning experience for all learners
- Have up to date knowledge of the industry with a Level 3 or equivalent qualification in Electrical or a related subject
- Ideally hold, or be working towards, a recognised teaching qualification and TAQA/V1 award
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work flexibly, on your own initiative and as part of a team
Benefits for you:
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and the college is closed for two weeks over the Christmas period
- Discounted study opportunities on College programmes
- Discounted Sport Centre gym membership for £60 per year
- View more benefits here: https://www.gcs.ac.uk/recruitment/benefits-and-wellbeing
We welcome applications from individuals regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented within our organisation.
If you wish to continue your application journey using Welsh Language, please visit our Cymraeg site. We encourage Welsh Language applications as we recognise the importance of delivering services in Welsh, and the need to grow our bilingual workforce.
Gower College Swansea is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and require registration with the Education Workforce Council for Wales.
Please note that we are expecting a high volume applicants for this vacancy. If we do, we may close the post before the specified date, therefore an early application is recommended.
Appointments will normally be made to the bottom of the salary scale with annual increments on 1st August each year (subject to a start date before 1st February).
28 days holiday, plus 5 closure days and 8 bank holidays, Local Government Pension scheme, a range of employee benefits including salary sacrifice schemes, staff discounts and free parking
Attachment: Lawrlwytho Electrical TutorAssessor -...
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.