Senior Programme Manager (Maternity Cover)
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Annual Travel Passes Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Helpline
Your future is here
A place to thrive
Being part of Nottingham College means playing a vital part in helping thousands of people reach their potential. Together, we’re making a positive difference to our learners, to our communities and to each other. We’re building better futures, for others and for ourselves. Here, you’ll have the freedom to work in a way that suits you, the support to thrive and the opportunity to shape your career.
Who we need
The purpose this role is to operationally deliver the College’s suit of projects, ensuring achievement of all key performance indicators and funding requirements. This will include setting up project initiation plans, budgets, delivery partnerships and carrying out robust monitoring activity throughout the project duration. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Building project management plans
- Setting project budgets and parameters
- Establishing project delivery teams across the organisation and with external delivery partners
- Reviewing project progress and escalating to the Director of Bids, Projects & Planning where appropriate
- Ensuring all projects are delivering to the intended benefits against the college’s wider strategic aims
What you’ll bring
The desirable candidate would bring significant project management experience including all aspects of monitoring and reporting. Essential experience includes:
- Highly organised and methodical
- Experience of managing significant budgets
- Experience of overseeing project-based activity
- Confidence in communicating and collaborating across all levels of the organisation and with external stakeholders
- Experience of managing a small team and all activities associated with management
- Would benefit from having previous experience working within an FE organisation (desirable, not essential).
For further details on this post which the job description and person specification cannot answer for you, please contact Joanne Smith email@example.com.
Interviews / Assessments are planned for: week commencing 11 December 2023
A place to belong
Join a diverse, vibrant community of over 1,300 staff and feel welcome from day one. Whether it’s enjoying a cuppa and a chat at our Wellness Cafes, collaborating with your colleagues or making the most of the facilities on our campuses, this is a place you can feel involved, connected and supported. With an attractive benefits package including 35 days annual leave, flexible working opportunities, access to a generous pension scheme and perks package, this is a place where you will feel valued and where you can grow and develop. It’s a place where you can share your ideas, work with people from all kinds of backgrounds and together, make a positive difference.
Be a part of a dynamic and diverse team that thrives on innovation, creativity, and outstanding outcomes. Our aim is for our workforce to mirror the rich diversity of the individuals and communities we serve, creating an environment where a range of experiences, skills, and viewpoints are valued. Within our inclusive workplace, everyone is given the opportunity to belong. As part of this we are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that successful candidates may need.
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.