Customer Contact Advisor
Tresham College's Customer Contact Team has an excellent opportunity as a Customer Contact Advisor, for someone to become an important part of our college in Kettering.
The purpose of this role is to deliver an exceptional customer experience offering information, advice and guidance alongside a high-quality front of house service including telephone and multiple digital channel responses.
The role will predominantly involve providing advice on the full range of services and courses offered across The Bedford College Group and sign-posting students and visitors to the appropriate service. You will also provide cover on our front-facing Customer Contact desks.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
The ideal candidate will be resilient, solution and target focused and able to multi task. The ability to input data accurately and efficiently, ensuring that records are kept up to date and changes are recorded in line with GDPR and our Privacy policies.
Candidates do not need specific Customer Service experience, but will need to be demonstrate the right transferable skills and behaviours which show awareness of, and empathy with, the needs of customers.
Applicants should hold a Level 2 English and Maths qualification, but beyond that The Bedford college Group can support your on-going learning and development in the role. This role will require the successful candidate to complete the Level 4 Information, Advice and Guidance qualification and this will be free of charge to the successful candidate.
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
You may not have considered using your skills and experience in this way before. Therefore, if you are highly organised, IT literate, confident, customer focused and have the ability to interact with a variety of people in person, by phone and email, we would like to hear from you!
What are the benefits of this role?
You will benefit from a comprehensive development program as part of induction together with peer to peer learning, a formal development plan and support at every step of the way to set you up for success.
We offer a mentoring system, a digital induction module and a close-knit community of experts and leaders across the Group to support the sharing of best practice and encourage individual growth.
The Bedford College Group aims help individuals, communities and society flourish through education by raising aspirations and reducing inequality to create a sustainable future. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
What are the benefits of working at The Bedford College Group?
We are the largest provider of further education in the region attracting more than 15,000 students every year from school leavers to adults. Our student experience is key to all that we do at the Group and we welcome the right staff who match and promote our values and behaviours.
- 37 hours per week (1 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 27 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Peoples Pension
- Access to training and development
- Excellent on-site facilities including free on-site parking, refectory facilities, hair and beauty salons
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Retail and leisure discounts
- Access to student discount programmes
Further details of the safeguarding requirements of the job can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.