Executive Assistant (PA) to the Chief Executive Officer
Are you a meticulous and proactive individual looking to make a significant impact within the further education sector? Then we want to hear from you, we currently have an outstanding opportunity to join The Bedford College Group (TBCG) as an Executive Assistant to our Chief Executive Officer
The Bedford College Group was formed in 2017 following the merger of Bedford College and Tresham College and is now the largest provider of education in the South East Midlands, with over 15,000 students passing through our doors each year.
Today, the Group is made up of a family of colleges across Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire: Bedford College, Central Bedfordshire College and Tresham College in the towns of Bedford, Dunstable, Leighton Buzzard, Corby, Kettering and Wellingborough; Shuttleworth College, a specialist land-based college; The Bedford Sixth Form, (the only dedicated sixth form in Bedford); The Corby Sixth Form, (opened in September 2023); and the National College for Motorsport alongside Silverstone race circuit.
To widen accessibility to education and training, the Group also has community-based Learning Centres in Bedford, Corby and Kettering which offer IT training.
Purpose and Key Responsibilities:
As the Executive Assistant to the CEO, you'll serve as the CEO's primary point of contact, handling correspondence and phone calls while managing their email inbox. The role will involve providing comprehensive support by managing correspondence, diaries, and travel arrangements, overseeing expense claims, coordinating HR system approvals, arranging meetings, maintaining filing systems, and organising key events. You'll also facilitate seamless operations by handling ad-hoc duties and ensuring effective communication between the CEO and various stakeholders. Your meticulous approach and proactive coordination will be pivotal in optimising the CEO's efficiency in support TBCG's success.
Experience and Qualifications:
Applicants should be able to demonstrate extensive experience as an Executive Assistant, coupled with excellent inter-personal skills, capable of working with stakeholders at all levels within the organisation, excellent IT skills including Microsoft Offices products and an excellent ability to organise and prioritise.
Applicants must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational VISION values:
- VALUING TEAMWORK - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- IMPROVING CONTINUOUSLY - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on practice and learning from others.
- STUDENT CENTRED - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- INCLUSIVE - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
- OPEN & CARING - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage with and support each other.
- NURTURING EDUCATIONAL EXCELLENCE: We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
Further information about the role can be found in the Job Description and Person Specification for this position.
Why Join Us:
This position presents a fantastic opportunity to contribute to the continuing growth and success of TBCG, working as part of a supportive and collaborative environment that is committed to educational excellent and innovation. TBCG also offers excellent opportunities to learn and grow in your role through Professional Development.
If you think you'd be suited to this position, please continue by completing our Application Form. As an employer in the Education sector, we require applicants to complete a full application form. Please use the Application form as your opportunity to showcase you skills, experience and alignment with the requirements of the role.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
Applicants who are barred from working with children are reminded it is a criminal offence to apply for this post.
Terms and Conditions:
Bedford College Professional Services
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking (subject to availability)
- Retail and leisure discounts
The closing date for this position is 15th December 2023, we reserve the right to close the post sooner if a significant number of suitable applications have been received.
Interviews are expected to take place on 4th January 2024.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.