Relational Practice Lead (LUM191/543)
About the Role
At the Luminate Education Group we are committed to creating inclusive learning and work environments built on the principles of relational practice. We believe in building competencies in relational and restorative practice and becoming a trauma informed organisation.
As the Relational Practice Lead, you will be responsible for developing strategies and leading the practical implementation of our relational practice approach across the Group.
The role will focus on strengthening the knowledge and skills of staff in promoting positive relationships, supporting student behaviour, and contributing to an outstanding student experience.
Interviews will be w/c 18 December 2023
What You Will Do
- Developing a relational practice strategy for the Luminate Education Group, drawing on evidence based practice from the education sector, encompassing restorative practice and a trauma informed approach
- Supporting the work of and line managing the Restorative Practice Champion and the Wellbeing and Relational Mentor
- Co-ordinating a cross college training and development programme for inclusive behaviour, restorative practices and trauma awareness
- Designing and delivering training for staff in teaching, curriculum support and professional services roles on techniques for restorative behaviour management
- Coordinating the Luminate Relational Practice Steering Group setting agendas, organising speakers and ensuring representative attendance
- Providing information and data, to produce reports for managers, senior leaders, funders and governors on a quarterly basis and by request at other times
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with key local and national stakeholders and including, the West Yorkshire Adversity, trauma and resilience programme, NHS, local authority, schools, colleges and higher education providers, voluntary sector partners and other agencies.
- Degree or significant experience in a relevant subject relating to theories around behaviour, motivation, sociology and inclusion
- Experience and a comprehensive understanding of the evidence base and practice around behaviour, relational practice and trauma informed approaches and principles
- An ability to inspire, influence, lead and develop effective and respectful relationships with and between students, college staff and external partners and demonstrate emotional intelligence
- Experience of leading, supervising mentoring and coaching staff to develop their skills and professional practice and promote personal and professional growth
- Experience of delivering training, offering peer supervision and supporting teams
- Ability to use own initiative, self-motivation and able to persuade, influence and motivate others.
- Strong time management and organising skills, ability to work under pressure, to deadlines, to prioritise and manage workloads
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.