Construction Skills Trainer
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Annual Travel Passes Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Helpline
664 Nuthall Road, Basford, Nottingham, NG8 6AQ
- NC Mission, Vision and Values
Your future is here
Nottingham College are looking for a Construction Skills Assessor to join an aspirational team of Assessor’s Trainers for an awarding future in Apprenticeships.
You do not have to have done this job role before to apply! We are looking for someone with a wealth of industry experience.
The role of the skills trainer is to be the conduit between the college, apprentice and employer and conduct regular reviews and set targets with the apprentices. You will coach and support apprentices with acquiring the knowledge, skills and behaviours in preparation for their End Point Assessment.
You will work with a caseload Level 3 and 4 higher apprentices to deliver flexible, high-quality training and assessments within workplace.
For further details on this post which the job description and person specification cannot answer for, please email: email@example.com
What we can offer you
- 35 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible working opportunities to suit around your life - over 50% of our workforce works part-time and many more work flexible hours so that they can care for children, other members of their family or pursue other interests
- Opportunities to work from home
- Access to Local Government pension contribution
- Access to purchase a student discount card and a free Tastecard, which gives you 100’s of discounts at all of your favourite shops, restaurants, leisure facilities, entertainment venues and days out – it will save you a fortune!
- Employee Assistance Programme which provides a free confidential programme where you can speak to a trained counsellor on things such as mental and physical health, addictions and money
- Discount on travel passes with local transport and discounted car parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car scheme
- Dedicated CPD days
- Opportunities to gain further qualifications – We will support you through your HND
- Progression prospects
- Option to purchase up to 5 days extra annual leave
- Free annual eye test plus £45 towards the cost of new eye wear
- Café connections programme where you can meet with other like minded colleagues
- Annual free Headspace app subscription
A place to belong
Join a diverse, vibrant community of over 1,300 staff and feel welcome from day one. Whether it’s enjoying a cuppa and a chat at our Wellness Cafes, collaborating with your colleagues or making the most of the facilities on our campuses, this is a place you can feel involved, connected and supported. With an attractive benefits package including 35 days annual leave, flexible working opportunities, access to a generous pension scheme and perks package, this is a place where you will feel valued and where you can grow and develop, with a vast range of training and development opportunities available to you to help you progress in your career.
It’s a place where you can share your ideas, work with people from all kinds of backgrounds, help our students achieve, and together, make a positive difference.
Be a part of a dynamic and diverse team that thrives on innovation, creativity, and outstanding outcomes. Our aim is for our workforce to mirror the rich diversity of the individuals and communities we serve, creating an environment where a range of experiences, skills, and viewpoints are valued. Within our inclusive workplace, everyone is given the opportunity to belong. As part of this we are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that successful candidates may need.
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.