Sports & Fitness Centre Assistant
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the region. The college understands the importance of recruiting talented and passionate staff that are central to all college achievements and are the driving force in the success of our learners.
The Position: We’re looking for a Sports & Fitness Centre Assistant
NWSLC are recruiting an enthusiastic Sports & Fitness Centre Assistant; to assist with the running of the Centre during the day, evenings and at weekends. To also assist the Sports Enrichment Team on the delivery of an extensive sports provision at NWSLC, this can be supporting both staff and learners in the college gym as well as leading on fitness-based classes for members.
What skills are we looking for:
- Hold or willing to work towards a Level 3 Gym Instructor qualification
- Hold a Level 2 Gym Instructor qualification
- Experience of working in a sports & fitness environment
- Knowledge of financial management and ability to meet financial targets
Responsibilities for the role:
- To assist the Sports & Fitness Centre Lead with the day-to-day running of the Sports & Fitness Centre, including the health & safety and the cleaning/maintenance of equipment and facilities
- To deliver gym & fitness-based Enrichment sessions appropriate to the age and ability of the participants
- Contribute towards driving student attendance to ensure positive engagement in all aspects of their college programme
- Ensure the area is operating within set budgets and meeting income targets for the Sports & Fitness Centre
The Location: The site is based in Nuneaton.
If you would like to have an informal chat about the role, please contact Callum Marvin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Should You Apply?
- The pay range we’re offering is £11.33 per hour
- We offer great holidays and access to the Local Government Pension
- We offer great staff development opportunities including the opportunity to take your CIM
- Family friendly policies and procedures
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are integral to everything that we do. We are committed to these values, and they are central to our mission. We’re committed to finding reasonable adjustments* for candidates with specific needs or have a disability during our recruitment process, and all applicants will be considered fairly and equally. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. *If you’d like to request a reasonable adjustment, please contact the recruiting manager.
We aim to support our employees in achieving a healthy work-life balance. We recognise that many of our employees have responsibilities and are committed to providing support for our employees. We are working hard to support flexible and new ways of working where possible and offer a wide range of benefits.
All our roles are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
'Please apply as soon as you can as we reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a suitable number of applications.'
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.