Do you want to inspire and support the next generation?
Are you looking for a new challenge with excellent benefits?
MIRA Technology Institute (MTI) is part of North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College – one of the largest and most successful colleges in the region. The College understands the importance of recruiting talented and passionate staff that are central to all College achievements and are the driving force in the success of our learners.
MIRA Technology Institute is the result of a unique collaboration led by North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College, and its partners, HORIBA MIRA, Coventry University, the University of Leicester, and Loughborough University. The MTI is new specialist facility designed specifically to train the next generation of engineers in the latest automotive technology based on the MIRA Technology Park.
The Position: We have an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Officer at the MIRA Technology Institute.
What skills are we looking for:
- To ensure a quality level of services are provided for MTI partners and customers in collaboration with the Customer Service Officer guaranteeing that visitor satisfaction is kept to a high standard
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with students, staff, partners, visitors and contractors to the MTI both in person and digitally
- Experience in facility management or coordination of facility management role along with working knowledge of NEBOSH/IOSH or Equivalent H&S Qualifications, or willingness to work towards with relevant experience
- Keen awareness of environmental pressures and agendas, energy conservation, carbon friendly initiatives and other green practices
Responsibilities for the role:
- To support the Operations Director in the provision, development and management of maintenance and cleaning services relating to MIRA Technology Institute, to include a focus on Health and Safety in all aspects
- To support the OD in the management of the MTI building and estate, including the preparation and execution of planned maintenance programmes, day-to-day maintenance and servicing, caretaking, cleaning facilities and managing grounds maintenance contracts, to include H&S and risk assessment management were necessary
- To support the Operations Director in maintaining and communicating a viable and leading offer to both Partners and customers to ensure the MTI is on the forefront of its vision to be the centre for global excellence in automotive training
The Location: MIRA Technology Institute and NWSLC, both sites are based in Nuneaton, MTI is on the MIRA Technology Park based on the A5. They are less than a mile apart.
If you would like to have an informal chat about the role, please contact Lisa Bingley or Holly Bell to arrange a quick call by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Should You Apply?
- The pay range we’re offering is £25,704 - £27,263
- The MTI is a successful Training Institute on its journey to be a global leader in emerging automotive technology training with a modern and exciting facility
- The candidate will have an all-round experience from MTI’s partnership with FE, HE and Industry
- We offer great holidays and access to the Local Government Pension/Teachers Pension Scheme
- We also offer staff development opportunities
- Family friendly policies and procedures
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are integral to everything that we do. We are committed to these values, and they are central to our mission. We’re committed to finding reasonable adjustments* for candidates with specific needs or have a disability during our recruitment process, and all applicants will be considered fairly and equally. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. *If you’d like to request a reasonable adjustment, please contact the recruiting manager.
We aim to support our employees in achieving a healthy work-life balance. We recognise that many of our employees have responsibilities and are committed to providing support for our employees. We are working hard to support flexible and new ways of working where possible and offer a wide range of benefits.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references’.
'Please apply as soon as you can as we reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a suitable number of applications.'
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.