The Position: We’re looking for a HR Apprentice
We are looking to take on an Apprentice for a 2-year fixed term paid contract. You will gain exposure to all things Human Resources (HR) You would be working in a team that are highly experienced and passionate about helping people gain new skills. We are a kind, supportive fun-loving bunch who would love to have you join us.
What skills are we looking for:
Do you love working with people? Do you have the thirst to learn and be the best you? Are you energetic, enthusiastic and creative?….if so this could be the ideal opportunity.
- Must be a people person.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Eager to learn and get stuck in.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Acting as the first point of contact for any enquiries, ensuring the professional image of the college is represented at all times.
- Responding to incoming queries by telephone and in person, taking and delivering messages in a timely manner where necessary.
- Liaise with internal and external partners and organisations.
- Provide admin support in preparing for meetings/printing and collating documents/writing presentations. Designing, initial writing and preparing of documents such as letters, memos, reports, spreadsheets and directories, utilising various software packages including mail-merge and PowerPoint.
The Location: The site is based in in either Nuneaton of Wigston. We do offer hybrid working dependent on business priorities.
If you would like to have an informal chat about the role, please contact Erin to arrange a quick call by emailing Erin.Foley@nwslc.ac.uk.
Why Should You Apply?
- The pay range we’re offering is SALARY RANGE
- We offer great holidays and access to the Local Government Pension
- We offer great staff development opportunities
- Family friendly policies and procedures
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are integral to everything that we do. We are committed to these values, and they are central to our mission. We’re committed to finding reasonable adjustments* for candidates with specific needs or have a disability during our recruitment process, and all applicants will be considered fairly and equally. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. *If you’d like to request a reasonable adjustment, please contact the recruiting manager.
We aim to support our employees in achieving a healthy work-life balance. We recognise that many of our employees have responsibilities and are committed to providing support for our employees. We are working hard to support flexible and new ways of working where possible and offer a wide range of benefits.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references’.
'Please apply as soon as you can as we reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a suitable number of applications.'
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.