Lecturer in Construction
Do you want to inspire and support the next generation?
Are you looking for a new challenge with excellent benefits?
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the region. The College understands the importance of recruiting talented and passionate staff that are central to all College achievements and are the driving force in the success of our learners.
The Position: We’re looking for a Construction Trades (Multi-Skills) tutor.
Requirements for the role:
- You must hold a trade qualification ideally at level 3 minimum L2 and ideally a teaching qualification.
- Ideally you will be an experienced lecturer delivering entry level to level 3.
- Be flexible and willing to work as part of a team.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Planning and delivering all aspects of teaching, learning and assessment.
- To contribute to recruitment, manage retention, withdrawals, and monitor / report achievement.
- Inspire our students to excel in the sector and in their learning.
The Location: The post is based primarily at our Harrowbrook Campus but from time to time you may also be required to deliver at our Wigston Campus. This is a great place to live with plenty of social and sport facilities together with great transport links.
Why Should You Apply?
- We offer great holidays and access to the Local Government Pension/Teachers Pension Scheme
- We also offer staff development opportunities.
- Family friendly policies and procedures
This role requires you to be an ambassador for the College, following the “NWSLC Way” framework by promoting and adhering to the College values and behaviours. The ‘NWSLC Way’ is to help each other to take pride in what we do and work together to realise our full potential, to nurture an environment of trust, to inspire colleagues to improve and develop, aspire to always deliver a high-quality service and to create an environment of continuous improvement.
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion. Our College welcomes staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds, and our College values promote respect for those of all races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations. We recognise that diversity and difference bring richness to our College. Being inclusive and enabling people to thrive and give their best is essential to our College and in us being able to deliver the best possible services to the communities we serve.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and offer flexible working opportunities including family friendly policies and procedures.
An enhanced DBS check will be required for all roles at the College.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.