Travel Plan Coordinator (LUM778/709)
About the Role
We are committed to being sustainable and socially responsible. We recognise that as an educational provider and an employer we have an opportunity and aspiration to positively impact the social and economic welfare of our region and an environmental responsibility to our planet.
The Travel Plan Co-ordinator will join a small friendly team to ensure as Group we look at our travel planning projects and the impact of staff travel to our policies.
Please apply for this role as soon as possible as we may interview before the advertised closing date, therefore the role may close before the advertised closing date.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for the annual travel survey for staff and students from the development stage to analysing the data and presenting the outcomes to senior team and groups.
- Review and upgrade the current setup of the group’s sites and promote sustainable travel
- Responsible for the all aspects of the car parking permit scheme
- Assist with the collection, collation and analysis of sustainability metrics and management information using assessment tools, benchmarking techniques, supplier invoices, utility meter readings, travel and transport analytics etc
- Stay abreast of relevant legislation, technologies and best practice by attending seminars, training courses and specialist events.
- Must have knowledge of transport policies and sustainable travel modes criteria
- Experience of working and promoting collaboration in complex organisations to break down silo or insular working practices
- Experience of organising and coordinating events/activities
- Experience with developing and implementing IT systems e.g. using Google, Fresh, SharePoint
- Ability to coordinate and monitor multiple projects and action plans, with changing requirements and short deadlines
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.