Facilities Assistant (Weekend) (LUM6138/892)
About the Role
This role is to support weekend operations at the conservatoire between the hours of 08:00 and 18:00 Saturday and Sunday and is for 41 weeks per year in line with our term time opening.
Based at Leeds Conservatoire, the Facilities team is responsible for providing the services that support the functionality, safety, and sustainability of the Conservatoire's buildings, grounds and infrastructure.
Leeds Conservatoire is a leading Conservatoire offering undergraduate music degrees in Classical, Popular, Jazz, Music Production, Folk, Music Business, and Drama.
The role comes under the Directorate of Estates, which comprises Health, Safety and Environment team, the Campus Facilities team and Property and Maintenance team. Between the service and the estate across the whole of the Luminate Group.
What You Will Do
- Setting up musical equipment eg. Drum kits, PA systems, amps and microphones for lessons and events.
- Working alongside the Event Technicians and Performance resource team.
- Providing a safe working environment for all campus users.
- Reacting to maintenance issues.
- Completing compliance and H&S checks.
- Opening and closing the building, security and door access.
- Using IT systems to manage workflow and communicate with other departments. Assisting the Facilities Supervisor with co-ordinating all works.
- Using initiative to solve problems.
- Capable of delivering outstanding customer service.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Strong work ethic.
- Comfortable using IT and software for a variety of applications.
- Happy in an active and practical role.
- Good communicator.
- An interest in music and music technology is desirable, but not essential.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Luminate Education Group is a collective of education providers based in Yorkshire with one clear purpose: to make a positive difference to people’s lives through genuinely transformative education and training.
We offer a wide range of job vacancies across our business support functions - Finance, Human Resources, ITSS, Marketing, Communications, Executive Support, Estates and Food Services. Our large size and diverse range of member organisations means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
As an education provider, we are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our workforce, and you’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.