Lecturer in ESOL
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Location: Wakefield Campus
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer to join our team of supportive and experienced ESOL staff. As a member of the ESOL team, you will have the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives, help them to fit into society and thrive, as well as learning about other cultures and encountering a wide variety of backgrounds.
As a Lecturer in ESOL, you will teach on a range of courses in the ESOL department from pre-entry to Level 2. You will have a good understanding of the ESOL curriculum and be experienced in using appropriate teaching strategies to support learning.
We are looking for someone who is dedicated, keen to upskill, committed to reflective continuous improvement and a good team player who is willing to share ideas. You will also have a commitment to promoting diversity and supporting students.
As a Lecturer in ESOL, you should have:
- BA Hons Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area
- Level 5 subject specialism
- GCSE A* - C in Maths and English qualifications or equivalent (new grading 9-4)
- Have experience of teaching ESOL Skills for Life
- PGCE (Desirable)
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- An up-to-date knowledge of the ESOL curriculum
- Knowledge of the principles of teaching, learning and assessment
- The ability to communicate to a diverse range of people at all levels, verbally and in writing
See what we have to offer and come and join us…
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave (pro rata) + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Generous, employer contributory, pension schemes
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction and teacher development programme.
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 10 December 2023
Interview date: w/c 18 December
For further details, please refer to the job description
Please note direct applicants only – no agency CVs
The Heart of Yorkshire Education Group is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
If you are currently living overseas or have lived / worked overseas in the last five years please be aware that you will be required to provide an overseas criminal record check from the country/countries you have worked/resided in if you are the preferred candidate for the post. Further details of how to obtain the additional check is here: Criminal records checks for overseas applicants - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.