Maintenance and Service Assistant (Welwyn Garden City)
Oaklands College, is a vibrant, inclusive, and progressive Further Education College, with a commitment to student success provided through the best possible learning environment and student experience.
The vision of the College’s Facilities team is that they will provide a College environment that is attractive, safe, clean, tidy and meets the needs of all our customers. You will provide an effective and responsive in-house maintenance and caretaking service. You will work closely with other members of the Facilities team and curriculum staff to provide a safe, well-maintained environment, taking a customer focused approach.
To be considered for this role candidates need to hold the following:
- Good standard of general education, including English and Maths
- Relevant level 1 qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience of working with young people and the public
- Experience of working in a manual environment
- Experience of multi trade repairs
- Full UK Driving Licence
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the required skills and experience, please apply by submitting your application today.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Generous Salary
- Generous annual leave – 30 days plus 8 days bank holiday
- Automatic entry into the Local government pension Scheme.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- Free onsite parking.
- Subsidised onsite restaurant.
- A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory safeguarding checks.
Please note, we are unable to accept CVs as form of an application, when applying for a position please ensure you complete all the required fields on the application form attached and email to email@example.com