Teacher - Health Science and Social Care (Term Time Only, Variable Hours) (LUM248/855)
1 day left
- Part Time
About the Role
Are you a Nurse or an Allied Health Professional? Do you have experience of working in the health care sector? Are you interested in training the next generation of Health Care practitioners? Can you engage with young people and build enthusiasm for the subjects?
Great opportunities are available to join our outstanding School of Health Science and Social Care team at Quarry Hill Campus.
We are looking for an individual(s) to join our strong teaching team across all our levels of study programmes to support the continued outstanding provision and outcomes for learners.
Required teaching delivery will include commitment on Mondays and Thursdays, with opportunity for discussion at interview about other days and availablility from part-time to full-time.
There is significant personalised departmental and college level support available to support CPD, teaching practice and career progression.
Teacher training can be offered for excellent candidates with limited teaching experience and candidates without a Level 5 Teaching qualification but with other relevant qualifications and extensive vocational experience.
What You Will Do
- Plan, prepare and develop effective schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources including the development of on-line learning resources for identified modules.
- Be responsible for monitoring, maximising and recording student progress.
- Maintain and update knowledge of the subject and / or vocational area.
- Motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
- Carry out internal verification duties in line with quality assurance processes.
- Deliver inspiring sessions across the curriculum using a wide range of teaching methods for identified modules.
- Assess student work, provide constructive and timely feedback to motivate and inspire the learner to improve and record learners’ progress for identified modules.
- Implement positive interventions where needed
- Contribute to the marketing of courses, learner IAG and enrolment processes.
- Participate in student recruitment activities, including interviews and open evenings.
- Maintain and actively engage in quality and professional standards.
- Participate, as appropriate, in the College’s examination process.
- Inspire, motivate and engage the next generation of health or care practitioners.
- Act with honesty and integrity to maintain high standards of ethics and professional standards.
- Manage and promote restorative practice approaches and the strengthening of relationships.
- Role model and promote a positive image of the college.
- Embody the college values: Collaborative; Inspiring; Passionate; Aspirational; Celebrate Individuality; Respectful
- Comply with all legislative and regulatory requirements.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.