Finance Officer (Part-Time) (LUM557/859)
7 days left
- Part Time
About the Role
Part-time contract: 22.5 hours per week.
The post holder will provide a customer-focused, responsive, and quality administrative service whilst ensuring efficient, accurate and timely processing of accounts receivable transactions. The post holder will work in the Luminate Education Group finance team, providing a shared service across the group. The post holder will, at all times, comply with Luminate Education Group financial regulations and procedures and maintain a proactive and diligent approach to fraud awareness.
What You Will Do
- Create new customer accounts, including for trade customers and students.
- Raise invoices to customers and processing income received.
- Process direct debits to ensure completeness of income, dealing with exception reports and all queries as required.
- Monitor receipts of student loans, providing analysis of that income.
- Review receipts in bank statements to ensure all income is recognised as appropriate in the accounts receivable ledger.
- Receive payments from customers, ensuring all necessary procedures are adhered to.
- Monitor outstanding debt and carry out active credit control by telephone, email and issuing letters to debtors.
- Liaise with the debt management company regarding overdue accounts.
- Previous experience of working with Agresso Business World or similar Finance data systems.
- Used to working with sensitive data and the guidelines that support it.
- Analytical with the ability to present and analyse data.
- Work accurately, with attention to detail.
- A strong communicator – both written and verbal.
- Used to organising your own time and also working to set deadlines.
- Flexible with the ability to juggle tasks to meet changing priorities.
- Familiar with Financial Operations desirable.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.