Business Administration Apprentice (Human Resources)
About the Role
As an HR Apprentice, you will have the opportunity to provide administration support on a wide range of activities, developing your knowledge, skills and professional standards, within business administration/customer service as well as Human Resources, staff recruitment and staff development.
You will be encouraged to develop your skills and confidence in a supportive and busy environment, where no two days are the same. You will gain key business administration skills working in the HR Department for the RNN Group, whilst studying a Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship Standard.
The main duties you will be required to undertake are;
- Providing exceptional customer service to all internal and external stakeholders in-person, or written via email or other formats
- Ensuring systems and databases are updated and well-maintained on a regular basis
- Booking meetings including arranging a convenient time for required attendees, booking rooms and other equipment as and when needed
- Supporting the Recruitment Team with compliance and onboarding processes, such as obtaining references, creating new starter IT accounts and requesting equipment, monitoring completions of mandatory training etc.
As part of this role you will work towards a Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship in which you will be supported by your colleagues, line manager and dedicated Skills Tutor. You will hold a Level 2 (or equivalent) qualification in English and Maths or be willing to work towards.
You will ideally have some experience in administration, or customer service either at work or within education/placements.
You will be an excellent communicator, be confident and skilled at using computers and be enthusiastic and willing to learn and develop new skills.
In this role you will report to the HR Business Partner (OD and Recruitment) and work closely with other HR colleagues. You will liaise with staff across the Group and external stakeholders. In this role you will have the opportunity to work across a range of disciplines, gaining experience and knowledge on the full breadth of HR activities.
Our excellent benefits and rewards package:
- Access to local government pensions scheme
- Up to 41 days annual leave per year including closure during Christmas period
- Access to our gyms, restaurants and salons
- Staff health & wellbeing and benefits schemes including in-house Occupational Health service
- Full, part time and flexible working hours available in many roles
- Parking available at all of our sites
- Fantastic career development opportunities including funding for teacher training, apprenticeships and various other industry recognised qualifications
What is the RNN Group?
RNN Group’s main goal is to be an ‘outstanding’ education and training provider and this is at the heart of everything that we do. To help us achieve this we are looking to recruit highly motivated, innovative and enthusiastic individuals to join our existing teams. To be a part of the team at RNN Group we will expect you to be committed to our values too;
- We are Inclusive,
- We have Integrity,
- We Deliver,
- We are One Team.
We are OFSTED ‘Good’ (November 2022)
We celebrate diversity and are proud to have been recognised as Investors in Diversity for our work on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. This means that you’d be working in a supportive environment that encourages, recognises and celebrates effort, achievement and cooperative attitudes. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, faith or disability. We are also proud to be part of the Disability Confidence Scheme.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, vulnerable adults and young people. All new employees will be required undertake a DBS check and other associated checks in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education Guidance.
All candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Closing date: Monday 4 December 2023 at 12:00 Noon – if you are shortlisted for this post you will be contacted within a week of the closing date.
Provisional Interview Date: Friday 15 December 2023
If you require further information about this vacancy please contact the HR department on 01709 722750 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.