Fixed Term Contract - Looked After Child (LAC) and Care Leaver (CL) Coordinator
We have a great opportunity based at our Kettering campus for a Fixed Term Contract as a Looked After Child (LAC) and Care Leaver (CL) Coordinator to become a key member of our Student Services department.
As a LAC and CL Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- To work with all departments to promote the positive outcomes of Looked-after children and care leavers
- To work with the Personal Achievement Tutors (PATs) and Heads of Curriculum Departments (HoDs) to ensure our Looked-after children and care leavers are supported
- To work closely with the Head of Student Services to ensure Looked-after children and care leavers are tracked and monitored to ensure achievement, attendance and retention
- To improve the quality and provide additional support to PATs/Course Leaders in completing personal education plans (PEP’s)
Our ideal candidates will have experience and knowledge of relevant school policies for example Child Protection, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities Policy and knowledge of the LAC process and the responsibilities of key individuals, alongside the following qualifications:
- Good all round level of education to include Maths and English to GCSE (Grade A – C) or equivalent level (level 2)
- Level 3 qualification (e.g. ‘A’ Levels or equivalent)
- High level of computer literacy skills
- Experience of working with children young people, parents/carers/families within the field of education, social care or the voluntary sector
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
Candidates who are barred from working with children are reminded it is a criminal offence to apply for this post.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.