Work Experience Co-ordinator — SLDD
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Annual Travel Passes Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Helpline
664 Nuthall Road, Basford, Nottingham, NG8 6AQ
Your future is here
A place to thrive
Being part of Nottingham College means playing a vital part in helping thousands of people reach their potential. Together, we’re making a positive difference to our learners, to our communities and to each other. We’re building better futures, for others and for ourselves. Here, you’ll have the freedom to work in a way that suits you, the support to thrive and the opportunity to shape your career.
Who we need
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Work Experience Coordinator to join our SLDD team and play a crucial role in enhancing the educational experience for our students. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining effective work experience opportunities for students with SLDD/SEND, providing them with valuable learning experiences and building important life and employability skills.
· Collaborate with academic staff to identify suitable work experience placements for SLDD students.
· Establish and maintain partnerships with local businesses and organisations to secure work experience opportunities.
· Provide guidance, support, and training to students to prepare them for the workplace.
· Conduct risk assessments and ensure a safe and inclusive work environment for SLDD students.
· Monitor and assess students' progress during work experience and provide feedback for improvement.
· Maintain accurate records and documentation related to work experience placements.
What you’ll bring
The ideal candidate will bring understanding and awareness of how to meet need of Students with Learning Difficulties and Disabilities (SLDD), strong networking abilities, and a passion for empowering SLDD students through meaningful work experience opportunities in an inclusive and safe environment.
· Experience working with Students with Learning Difficulties and Disabilities.
· Strong networking and relationship-building skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Understanding of health and safety regulations in a work environment.
· Ability to provide support and adapt to the individual needs of students with SLDD.
· Strong organisational and administrative skills.
· Commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion.
· Knowledge and experience in safeguarding policies and procedures.
For further details on this post which the job description and person specification cannot answer for you, please contact email@example.com
Interviews / Assessments are planned for: 8th December 2023
A place to belong
Join a diverse, vibrant community of over 1,300 staff and feel welcome from day one. Whether it’s enjoying a cuppa and a chat at our Wellness Cafes, collaborating with your colleagues or making the most of the facilities on our campuses, this is a place you can feel involved, connected and supported. With an attractive benefits package including 35 days annual leave, flexible working opportunities, access to a generous pension scheme and perks package, this is a place where you will feel valued and where you can grow and develop. It’s a place where you can share your ideas, work with people from all kinds of backgrounds and together, make a positive difference.
Be a part of a dynamic and diverse team that thrives on innovation, creativity, and outstanding outcomes. Our aim is for our workforce to mirror the rich diversity of the individuals and communities we serve, creating an environment where a range of experiences, skills, and viewpoints are valued. Within our inclusive workplace, everyone is given the opportunity to belong. As part of this we are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that successful candidates may need.
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.