Wellbeing Mentor (Fixed Term, Part Time)
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Annual Travel Passes Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Helpline
111 Canal Street, Nottingham, NG1 7HB
Contract type: Fixed Term Part Time (14.8 hours per week)
Pay: £22,725 to £23,775 per annum FTE (Band 4, pro rated for part time)
Location: City Hub, Nottingham City Centre
Your future is here
A place to thrive
Being part of Nottingham College means playing a vital part in helping thousands of people reach their potential. Together, we’re making a positive difference to our learners, to our communities and to each other. We’re building better futures, for others and for ourselves. Here, you’ll have the freedom to work in a way that suits you, the support to thrive and the opportunity to shape your career.
Who we need
We are looking for someone to join our Wellbeing team here at Nottingham College who is passionate about working with young people and helping them succeed in their college life. Responsibilities of this role include:
- Supporting at risk students to overcome barriers and access their college education
- Liaise with students and support network
- Manage a large caseload keeping up to date records through the relevant systems
- Opportunity to take part in team CPD specific to the role of the wellbeing mentor
- Taking direction with our safeguarding team to ensure safeguarding policies are being upheld
What you’ll bring
You will possess experience of supporting young people to ensure their safety and wellbeing on a range of pastoral and learning related topics. Essential skills and experiences required are:
- Excellent administration skills and experience supporting people in an FE setting
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Work collaboratively within the wellbeing team, taking part in peer support and best practice sharing
- Experience in giving pastoral support to 16-18 year learners
- Have a passion, commitment and drive for the impact education can have on the wider Nottingham community
For further details on this post which the job description and person specification cannot answer for you, please contact email@example.com.
Interviews / Assessments are planned for: week commencing 11th December 2023
A place to belong
Join a diverse, vibrant community of over 1,300 staff and feel welcome from day one. Whether it’s enjoying a cuppa and a chat at our Wellness Cafes, collaborating with your colleagues or making the most of the facilities on our campuses, this is a place you can feel involved, connected and supported. With an attractive benefits package including 35 days annual leave, flexible working opportunities, access to a generous pension scheme and perks package, this is a place where you will feel valued and where you can grow and develop. It’s a place where you can share your ideas, work with people from all kinds of backgrounds and together, make a positive difference.
Be a part of a dynamic and diverse team that thrives on innovation, creativity, and outstanding outcomes. Our aim is for our workforce to mirror the rich diversity of the individuals and communities we serve, creating an environment where a range of experiences, skills, and viewpoints are valued. Within our inclusive workplace, everyone is given the opportunity to belong. As part of this we are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that successful candidates may need.
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.