Caretaker - RC
Full time (37hrs per week, all year round) on a shift pattern basis of Morning or Afternoons
About the Role
The Caretaker fulfils a key role at the College by ensuring that all buildings are available, accessible and suitable for the use of students, staff and visitors.
Fulfilling this role is critical to ensuring that we have a safe, clean and welcoming campus environment. Your caretaking work and how you deal with people in a professional and friendly way will shape staff and visitor’s views of the overall look and feel of the College Campus.
Main duties will include;
- To participate in shift rota to ensure there is a caretaker presence on all campus’s whenever the College buildings are open and conduct procedure to open and maintain security of College premises, in addition to keeping premises and equipment secure during the day.
- To assist in maintaining the cleanliness of college buildings and grounds by the removal of refuse and emptying of bins.
- Promoting general health and safety by keeping corridors and fire exits clear at all times of any spills, trips or hazards as reported or noticed by yourself during your walks around campus grounds.
- Ensuring rooms are prepared for use, setting up rooms for curriculum areas or meeting rooms, assisting with staff room moves or re-arrangement of furniture
- Ensuring that goods / documents post and parcels are delivered quickly to the correct areas, college campus, externally or within College building, so that those departments can work effectively.
- Routine maintenance and repairs, where appropriate advising on suggested improvements to the general environment and to support risk assessments and pre planned maintenance programmes
- Responding to College emergencies including duties of evacuating the buildings in the case of a fire / fire drill and directing emergency services as appropriate and responding to lift breakdowns as required to release trapped persons.
You will have prior experience of working in a maintenance/security/caretaking role or similar (ideally within education but this is not essential).
You will hold a Level 2 (or equivalent) qualification in English and Maths or be willing to work towards.
You will report to Facilities Management Team and work co-operatively with colleagues across all College Campus’s and premises.
Our excellent benefits and rewards package:
- Access to local government pension
- Up to 41 days annual leave per year including generous time off over Christmas/New Year
- Access to our gyms, restaurants and salons
- Staff health & wellbeing and benefits schemes including in-house Occupational Health service
- Full, part time and flexible working hours available in many roles
- Hybrid working opportunities available
- Parking available at all of our sites
- Fantastic career development opportunities including funding for teacher training, apprenticeships and various other industry recognised qualifications
What is the RNN Group?
RNN Group’s main goal is to be an ‘outstanding’ education and training provider and this is at the heart of everything that we do. To help us achieve this we are looking to recruit highly motivated and innovative individuals to join our existing teams. To be a part of the team at RNN Group we will expect you to be committed to our values too;
- We are Inclusive,
- We have Integrity,
- We Deliver,
- We are One Team.
We are OFSTED ‘Good’ (November 2022)
We celebrate diversity and are proud to have been recognised as Investors in Diversity for our work on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. This means that you’d be working in a supportive environment that encourages, recognises and celebrates effort, achievement and cooperative attitudes. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, faith or disability. We are also proud to be part of the Disability Confidence Scheme.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, vulnerable adults and young people. All new employees will be required undertake a DBS check and other associated checks in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education Guidance.
All candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Closing date: Monday 27 November 2023 at 12:00 Noon - if you are shortlisted for this post you will be contacted within a week of the closing date.
If you require further information about this vacancy please contact the HR department on 01709 722750 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about the role please apply via the link.