Lecturer in Surveying, Planning and Design
Hours of work: 18.5
£15,595 - £17,549 per annum (Pay Award pending).
Plus possible 10% market forces payment.
Total salary could be with a market forces payment £17,154 to £19,303 per annum.
A Market forces payment could be accessible for a fully qualified, suitably experienced, exceptional candidate.
Location: Castleford College
We have an exciting opportunity for a lecturer in surveying, planning and design to join our Construction team. This opportunity will allow you to pass on your technical experience, ideas, knowledge and skills to young people in order to help support them in improving their own skills and attributes.
We are looking for a qualified technical professional, who is enthusiastic about working with young people, adults and employers, has a passion for Construction and can inspire young people and help them achieve their goals.
As a lecturer for surveying, planning and design, you should:
- Be qualified to a minimum of level 4 in Construction
- Have GCSE A*- C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or equivalent
- Hold a Full Driving Licence and own transport/or access to transport
- Have current practical experience within vocational area
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to motivate students
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- The ability to work with employers to grow business
For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification.
See what we have to offer and come and join us….
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Generous Contributory Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 28th November 2023
Interview date: 7th December 2023
For further details, please refer to the job description
Find out more by coming along to our Construction and Engineering Recruitment Event
PLEASE NOTE NO AGENCIES, DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY.
The Heart of Yorkshire Education Group is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.
If you are currently living overseas or have lived / worked overseas in the last five years please be aware that you will be required to provide an overseas criminal record check from the country/countries you have worked/resided in if you are the preferred candidate for the post. Further details of how to obtain the additional check is here: Criminal records checks for overseas applicants - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)